Are you interested in growing your medical practice?
Well if you are a new physician right out of residency or an established physician who has experienced a decline in new patients, this blog’s for you.
It’s amazing to me how much time and energy our political candidates invest in traveling the country and meeting people and shaking hands. Why is this still done? Because its effective!
The same holds true for physicians. Of course the area you will be traveling is your geographical service area for your patients. How do you do this? Simple.
- Sign up and attend every health fair held in your community or hosted by the hospitals where you have privileges (for one year – then evaluate which ones you will attend the following year)
- Brand your business – make sure all your marketing collateral is consistent (put a professional picture of yourself on your business card)
- Consider giveaways (promotional products) that make sense for your specialty (let that be your trademarked item)
- Offer free educational seminars at your office and invite the public
- Join your local chamber of commerce and get to know business leaders in your community
- Play an active role in a local charity
- Develop relationships with other physicians who may be good referral sources (drop bagels or doughnuts or bagels by their office every now and then)
- Hire a marketing consultant to handle all of your marketing both on and offline
It works! People like to be able to meet a physician, and have a conversation outside the exam room. It’s about getting to know people.